One of the primary benefits of the Veri-Dry System is that it inhibits mold growth. Moisture and dampness are essential for mold and mildew to flourish.
Controlling the humidity and moisture practically eliminates the possibility of any toxic or non-toxic mold to develop inside a building.
Here are 10 facts about moisture, mold growth and humidity control:
- Turning your air conditioner on does NOT lower the relative humidity.
- Turning your air conditioner will INCREASE the relative humidity.
- Running an air conditioner excessively will ENCOURAGE the growth of dust mites, fungi, bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Running an air conditioner excessively will cause moisture to condense (form tiny water droplets) on walls, floors & ceilings.
- Running an air conditioner excessively will cause people to feel cold and clammy.
- Air conditioners lose efficiencies as the temperature in the space gets colder.
- Small portable 120 volt dehumidifiers will not & can not control humidity in large areas such as basements.
- Typical small portable dehumidifiers will do a good job in rooms from 100 to 250 square feet.
- Good air movement is essential to control humidity mold and mildew.
- Current Whole house add on dehumidifiers are costly to operate and maintain.